Are you passionate about contributing to change that matters and do you have extensive experience in mobilizing multi-million contracts from large institutional donors in the field of sustainable (agricultural) supply chains?
Or, do you have a strong track record in business development in the private sector and want to make a career change into the international not-for-profit sector? Solidaridad offers you a rewarding and meaningful job in an inspiring and international setting with the opportunity to make a real difference in the world.
Responsibilities & Profile
The Business Development Manager is responsible for growing Solidaridad’s income from large European institutional donors, working together in close cooperation with Solidaridad network colleagues and partners to achieve agreed deliverables.
In this position you will:
- Research, monitor, and identify relevant funds, donors, and opportunities for Solidaridad’s work and connect to Solidaridad’s focus regions and priorities;
- Manage multiple donor accounts;
- Lead on the full development of successful solicited and unsolicited multimillion propositions/proposals for institutional donors;
- Represent and pitch Solidaridad’s work towards European donor partners and targets, and build strong consortia for large-scale funding opportunities, including for Public Private Partnership opportunities;
- Build intelligence and advise Solidaridad colleagues globally about donors, funds, and their procedures and about trends in the donor landscape;
- Maintain relationships with the regional teams and remain knowledgeable about developments in Solidaridad’s network and existing programmes, as well as relevant resource needs within the network.
You are a go-getter, a fast thinker, and a real networker that connects with others easily. Teamwork and situational awareness are among your core competencies. With enthusiasm and an entrepreneurial mindset, you take initiative and succeed in developing successful multi-million funding proposals in close cooperation with colleagues and partners globally.
The successful candidate has
- Academic work and thinking level;
- In-depth understanding of donor priorities, opportunities and application processes;
- Minimum five years of demonstrable and direct experience in developing large scale winning proposals to European institutional donors / We also welcome candidates who have a minimum of five years of demonstrable and direct experience with business development within the private sector and are willing to learn the mechanics of fundraising from institutional donors;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
- Advanced skills in maintaining (external) contacts at various levels;
- A strong commitment to and interest in Solidaridad’s mission and work;
- Is willing to travel frequently to Solidaridad offices in the global South (approximately 10% of work time);
- Is allowed to work in the Netherlands;
- English fluency.
The following experience would be considered assets
- Expertise in agricultural supply chains and/or further fields relevant to Solidaridad’s work;
- Demonstrable experience with one or more of the following donors: Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO), Danida, the EU and the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Direct experience in building PPP partnerships and propositions
- Experience in working in network organizations;
- Additional language skills.
- A unique and rewarding job within an inspiring and international setting, starting as soon as possible after this date;
- You will join the Donor Relations team in Utrecht, and will have the opportunity to work with an innovative and dedicated network of professionals across the world;
- A one-year contract with the possibility of extension, 32-36 hours/week;
- Gross salary between EUR 2957,19 and EUR 5343,27, based on 36 hours/week (salary scale 11). A pay raise of 3% is planned in April 2023;
- An additional holiday allowance (standard in the Netherlands) will be paid to the employee in May of every calendar year. The holiday allowance is 8% of the gross salary earned in the period from 1 June up to and including 31 May, prior to the date of the payment;
- In addition, Solidaridad pays an end-of-year allowance equivalent to 8.3% of the gross annual salary earned;
- Solidaridad offers a non-contributory pension plan;
- Contribution to moving expenses;
- Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands, with the possibility to work from home part of the week and with national and international travel required.
HVFC is responsible for the recruitment. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send a motivation letter and resume (including salary expectations and three references) in English via this platform. We encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible as all applications will be processed and evaluated on a rolling basis.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!