Over the past 20 years, Solidaridad has built a reputation as a catalyst for sustainable innovation across commodity supply chains. Its mission is to bring together partners from across supply chains and to engage them in innovative market-based approaches to improve production, thereby ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefits for all.
Engaging with the private sector is central to Solidaridad’s success. Solidaridad Europe’s ambition is to be the preferred partner to work on sustainable supply chains with market-oriented solutions. To achieve this ambition, Solidaridad is looking for a Communications & Campaigning Advisor to join the Communications & Campaigning team in Europe and strengthen its capacity to develop a strong Solidaridad brand.
RESPONSIBILITIES & PROFILE
As Communications & Campaigning Advisor you will:
- Take responsibility for developing and implementing a consumer Textile campaign based on the proposition and ambitions of Solidaridad.
- Contribute to a strong Solidaridad brand in Europe, targeting the appropriate audiences, by writing newsletters and articles.
- Advise internal and external stakeholders on the use of the most suitable communication channels.
- Engage and convene with the Corporate Engagement & Partnership team to develop communication plans that highlight partnerships and meet communication needs.
- Report to the Head of Communications & Campaigning of Solidaridad Europe.
MAIN EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as Marketing or Communications.
- 7 years experience in communications and/or marketing, in a complex and international arena.
- Ability to translate sustainability issues into accessible, appealing messages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Affinity with the vision and mission of Solidaridad, and basic knowledge of recent developments in the area of corporate social responsibility and sustainable economic development.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, preferably basic knowledge of German.
- Creative, proactive and enterprising personality.
- A unique and challenging assignment within an inspiring and international setting
- The opportunity to work with an innovative and dedicated network of professionals across the world
- The chance to contribute to a better world
- A four-month contract, salary based on BBRA 10, depending on education and experience, 32 hours/week, starting 15 January, 2018
- Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Do you recognize yourself in this candidate profile?
Then please send your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume in English to email@example.com, and state "Application: Communications & Campaigning Advisor" in the subject header. The closing date for this vacancy is 30 November 2017. For more information about Solidaridad, please visit our website: www.solidaridadnetwork.org.
Questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to Karin Jensma, Head of Communications & Campaigning (+31 (0)30 272 03 13).
No agencies please.
Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and all we consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We bring together supply chain actors and engage them in innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all. Globally, Solidaridad works across 13 commodities / sectors.
Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of nine regional expertise centres located around the world (South and South-East Asia, South America, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, China, Central America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus.
For more information please refer to http://www.solidaridadnetwork.org