Are you passionate about sustainability and do you want to contribute to change that matters? Solidaridad offers a challenging internship in an inspiring and international setting with the opportunity to learn and make a difference in the world.
Corporate Engagement Internship
32/36 hours, Utrecht
Solidaridad is a global civil society organization working on fostering solutions for sustainable production practices across various supply chains. Our mission is to bring together supply chain players and engage them with innovative solutions to improve production, thus ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes benefit for all. Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of eight Regional Expertise Centres (RECs) located around the world (Asia, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, South America, Central America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus.
We are looking for an intern to support the work of the Corporate Engagement and Partnerships team. Your role will include carrying out the following tasks in particular:
- Performing desk research at the request of and with the guidance from one of our team members (as the need may arise);
- Maintaining our information and customer relationship management systems;
- Supporting preparation of pitches and proposals;
- Developing external communications materials (presentations, brochures, etc.);
- Other tasks as agreed with your supervisor.
- Affinity with the vision and mission of Solidaridad;
- Commitment to sustainability, with an interest in learning about corporate social responsibility;
- Currently studying towards a Master’s degree in Business, Economics, International Affairs, International Development, or another relevant field;
- Ability to work independently (with guidance from your team and/or team supervisor);
- Willingness to learn “on the job” in a supporting role;
- Service-oriented and a team player;
- Ability to connect and work with people from all backgrounds and cultures;
- Excellent command of English is required, knowledge of another European language is an asset;
- Experience with Salesforce or another CRM system would be an asset;
- Allowed to work in the Netherlands.
- A unique and challenging internship in an inspiring and international setting;
- Onboarding, support and coaching provided to enable you to learn;
- Flexibility in combining the internship with study requirements;
- The chance to contribute to a more sustainable world;
- Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands;
- A 4-6 month contract, starting in Februari 2023 or as soon as possible after that, an internship compensation (EUR 250/300 per month) and compensation of travel costs;
Do you recognize yourself in the candidate profile? Then please send your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume in English, before 28 November 2022 to email@example.com, stating “Application: Intern CEP” in the subject header. Closing date for this vacancy is 1 June 2022. If you already have ideas about what you would like to learn during your internship at Solidaridad Europe, please indicate this in your motivation letter. Also indicate clearly when you are able to start.
No agencies please.
Any personal data submitted in an application is treated confidentially and processed for the sole purpose of filling a vacancy, and compliant to the GDPR directive. After the selection process has been completed (upon the date of filled vacancy), all personal data of applicants who have not been selected will be destroyed immediately, unless we have your explicit approval to store your personal data for a period of maximum a year.
Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and all we consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We bring together supply chain actors and engage them in innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of eight regional expertise centres located around the world (Asia, South America, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, Central America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus. Globally, Solidaridad works across 13 commodities.
Solidaridad Europe focuses on market development, policy influencing, communications and donor relations. We seek to inspire the private sector, governments, civil society organizations and consumers in Europe to contribute to sustainable economic development.
For more information please refer to our website: http://www.solidaridadnetwork.org.