Are you passionate about contributing to change that matters and do you have experience in the development of local fruit and vegetable smallholder communities that supply to the European retail sector? Solidaridad offers you a rewarding and meaningful job in an inspiring and international setting with the opportunity to make a real difference in the world.
Corporate Engagement Manager – Fruit and Vegetables
For more than 40 years, Solidaridad has built a reputation as a catalyst for sustainable innovation across various commodity supply chains. Its mission is to bring together partners from across supply chains and to engage them in innovative market-based approaches to improve production, thereby ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
Partnering with the private sector is central to Solidaridad’s success. The ambition of Solidaridad in Europe is to be the preferred partner to work with on sustainable supply chains through market-oriented solutions. To fulfill this ambition, Solidaridad is looking for a Corporate Engagement and Partnerships (CEP) Manager to join our Corporate Engagement & Partnership team in Europe. Due to our growing portfolio in fruit and vegetables supply chain development we want to expand the team with a tropical fruit- and vegetable expert with experience in working with the European retail sector.
As CEP manager, you will:
- Strengthen and deepen the relationship with key corporate retail partners focussing on tropical fruit & vegetables and local development of smallholder communities;
- Program management of a portfolio of multiple projects in Latin America and Africa. This includes advice on proposal development to local partners, building a good quality project portfolio, monitoring progress on KPIs, budget management and reporting.
- Being accountable to the steering committee of strategic partners in the European retail sector.
- Work together with colleagues and coordinate their activities related to communications, monitoring & evaluation, and finances;
- Represent Solidaridad and present our work to external audiences;
- Contribute to the development of new corporate partnerships in the European retail sector.
You enjoy combining Corporate Partnership development with hands-on relationship and project management. A Corporate Partnership Manager is enthusiastic and entrepreneurial, has good networking skills and is able to connect with others easily. You take initiative, you are solution focussed and you are a fast thinker. You will work in close cooperation with your colleagues at Solidaridad to deliver results which contribute to our mission and strategy.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (Business Administration, Tropical agriculture, Environmental Sciences, Agriculture Management, International Business);
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience in relationship and programme management;
- Experience and network in Africa/Latin America would be an asset;
- Proven success in building corporate partnerships and business development, preferably in the horticulture sector;
- Affinity with the vision and mission of Solidaridad and knowledge of recent developments in the area of Corporate Social Responsibility and sustainable economic development;
- Intercultural sensitivity and excellent communication skills, and ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment;
- Very good networking skills, proactive and entrepreneurial attitude;
- A working permit for Europe;
- Excellent command of Dutch and English required. Other European languages (such Spanish or German) are considered an asset, but not a prerequisite.
- A unique and rewarding job within an inspiring and international setting, starting as soon as possible;
- You will join the Corporate Engagement team in Utrecht, and will have the opportunity to work with an innovative and dedicated network of professionals across the world;
- A one-year contract with the possibility of extension, 32-36 hours/week;
- Gross salary between EUR 2957,19 and EUR 4707,58, based on 36 hours/week (salary scale Grade 10);
- An additional holiday allowance (standard in the Netherlands) will be paid to the employee in May of every calendar year. The holiday allowance is 8% of the gross salary earned in the period from 1 June up to and including 31 May, prior to the date of the payment;
- In addition, Solidaridad pays an end-of-year allowance equivalent to 8.3% of the gross annual salary earned;
- Solidaridad offers a non-contributory pension plan;
- Contribution to moving expenses;
- Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands, with the possibility to work partially from home and national and international travel required.
Do you recognize yourself in this candidate profile? Then please submit your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, and state “Application: CEP manager, Fruits and Vegetables” in the subject header. The closing date for this vacancy is: 8 February, 2023
Questions can be addressed to email@example.com or by phone to Jeroen Kroezen, senior member of the Corporate Engagement and Partnerships team, (+31 (0)30 272 03 13).
The selection process will involve two rounds of interviews, tentatively scheduled for week 7 (round 1) and week 8 (round 2). The first-round interviews will take place online. We seek to ensure second-round interviews take place in person.
A reference check and assessment may be part of the selection procedure. Work permit restrictions may apply.
No agencies please.
Any personal data submitted in an application is treated confidentially and processed for the sole purpose of filling a vacancy, and compliant to the GDPR directive. After the selection process has been completed (upon date of filled vacancy), all personal data of applicants who have not been selected will be destroyed immediately, unless we have your explicit approval to store your personal data for a period of maximum a year.
Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and all we consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We bring together supply chain actors and engage them in innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of eight regional expertise centres located around the world (Asia, South America, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, Central America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus. Globally, Solidaridad works across 13 commodities.
Solidaridad Europe focuses on market development, policy influencing, communications and donor relations. We seek to inspire the private sector, governments, civil society organizations and consumers in Europe to contribute to sustainable economic development.
For more information please refer to our website: http://www.solidaridadnetwork.org.