Over the past 20 years, Solidaridad has built a reputation as a catalyst for sustainable innovation across commodity supply chains. Its mission is to bring together partners from across supply chains and to engage them in innovative market-based approaches to improve production, thereby ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefits for all.
Engaging with the private sector is central to Solidaridad’s success. Solidaridad Europe’s ambition is to be the preferred partner to work on sustainable supply chains with market-oriented solutions. To achieve this ambition, Solidaridad is looking for a Corporate Partnership Manager to join the Corporate Engagement & Partnership team in Europe and strengthen its capacity to develop and implement a successful European strategy.
RESPONSIBILITIES & PROFILE
As Corporate Partnership Manager you will:
- Strengthen and deepen the relationship with existing partners and build strong new partnerships by bringing our unique proposition to the attention of relevant corporations.
- Foster close relationships with corporate accounts, influencing the sustainability agenda and creating programmes together.
- Be responsible for developing high quality proposals for corporate partners, and securing corporate funding for Solidaridad programme activities worldwide.
- Ensure timely, appropriate and proactive reporting about joint programmes.
- Develop propositions together with colleagues, create opportunities based on sector/market analyses and connect with stakeholders in corporations.
- Engage and convene with the Communications team to develop communication plans that highlight partnerships and meet communication needs.
- Report to the Head of Corporate Engagement and Partnerships of Solidaridad Europe.
You like to combine corporate partnership development with hands-on relationship and contract management. The Corporate Partnership Manager is enthusiastic and entrepreneurial; you are a networker and connect with others easily. You take initiative and are a fast thinker. You will work closely together with colleagues to deliver on our network mission and strategy.
MAIN EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as marketing, (development) economics, business administration or closely related fields.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in relationship and programme management.
- Proven success in corporate engagement and business development: knowing where market opportunities are, acting on them, creating opportunities, building partnerships and managing accounts.
- Affinity with the vision and mission of Solidaridad and knowledge of recent developments in the area of corporate social responsibility and sustainable economic development.
- Experience working in a complex and international arena, preferably in supply chains in one or more of our commodities.
- Intercultural sensitivity, able to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including engaging and informative formal public speaking.
- Ability to collaborate well, both within the organization and the international Solidaridad Network, as well as with external partners.
- Very good networking skills with the ability to engage others and make them enthusiastic about the Solidaridad mission to build and maintain long-lasting relationships.
- Proactive and enterprising.
- Flexible, adaptive to change.
- Excellent command of English required, some Dutch or German preferred.
- A unique and challenging job within an inspiring and international setting
- The opportunity to work with an innovative and dedicated network of professionals across the world
- The chance to contribute to a better world
- Salary based on BBRA 11, depending on education and experience, 36 hours/week
- Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands, with some international travel (especially within Europe)
Do you recognize yourself in this candidate profile?
Then please send your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume in English to email@example.com, and state "Application: Corporate Partnership Manager" in the subject header. The closing date for this vacancy is 29 October. For more information about Solidaridad, please visit our website: www.solidaridadnetwork.org.
Questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to Minke Stadler, Manager People & Operations (+31 (0)30 272 03 13).
A reference check and assessment may be part of the selection procedure. Work permit restrictions may apply.
No agencies please.
Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and all we consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We bring together supply chain actors and engage them in innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of nine regional expertise centres located around the world (South and South-East Asia, South America, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, China, Central America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus. Globally, Solidaridad works across 13 commodities.
Solidaridad Europe focuses on market development, policy influencing, communications and donor relations. We seek to inspire the private sector, governments, civil society organisations and consumers in Europe to contribute to sustainable economic development.
For more information please refer to http://www.solidaridadnetwork.org.