Are you passionate about contributing to change that matters and do you have extensive experience in business development and engaging with corporations? Solidaridad offers you a challenging job in an inspiring and international setting with the opportunity to make a real difference in the world.
Over the past 20 years, Solidaridad has built a reputation as a catalyst for sustainable innovation across various commodity supply chains. Its mission is to bring together partners from across supply chains and to engage them in innovative market-based approaches to improve production, thereby ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
Engaging with the private sector is central to Solidaridad’s success. The ambition of Solidaridad in Europe is to be the preferred partner to work with on sustainable supply chains through market-oriented solutions. To fulfil this ambition, Solidaridad is looking for a Corporate Partnership Manager to join our Corporate Engagement & Partnership team in Europe. You will help strengthen the capacity of the team to develop and implement a successful European strategy, with a focus on global fashion supply chain.
RESPONSIBILITIES & PROFILE
As Corporate Partnership Manager, you will:
- Strengthen and deepen the relationship with existing partners and build strong new partnerships with corporations, in particular in the fashion industry and supply chains, with a focus on sustainable cotton and textiles.
- Develop high-quality value propositions and proposals for corporate partners, working closely with staff in producing countries.
- Influence the corporate sustainability agenda and advise companies on sustainable sourcing strategies, implementation of commitments and supplier development.
- Co-create programmes, including public-private partnerships together with corporate and public partners, and develop market linkages for suppliers in producing countries.
- Co-develop opportunities for joint (strategic) communication with corporate partners.
- Secure corporate funding for Solidaridad’s programme activities worldwide.
- Take a lead in contract development and management.
- Represent Solidaridad and present our work at key international fora and expert meetings.
You enjoy combining corporate partnership development with hands-on relationship and contract management. A Corporate Partnership Manager is enthusiastic and entrepreneurial, has good networking skills and is able to connect with others easily. You take initiative and are a fast thinker. You will work in close cooperation with your colleagues at Solidaridad to deliver results which contribute to our mission and strategy.
MAIN EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as fashion management, marketing, (development) economics, business administration.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience in relationship and programme management.
- International work experience in the cotton and textiles supply chain and/or garment industry/ fast fashion industry. Experience working at brand level is a pre.
- Proven success in corporate engagement, fundraising and business development: knowing where market opportunities are, acting on them, creating opportunities, building partnerships and managing accounts.
- Affinity with the vision and mission of Solidaridad and knowledge of recent developments in the area of Corporate Social Responsibility and sustainable economic development.
- Intercultural sensitivity and excellent communication skills, and ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Very good networking skills, proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
- Excellent command of English required, Dutch recommended, some knowledge of German and/or Spanish preferred.
- Is allowed to work in the Netherlands
A unique and rewarding job within an inspiring and international setting, starting as soon as possible;
You will join the Corporate Engagement team in Utrecht, and will have the opportunity to work with an innovative and dedicated network of professionals across the world;
A one-year contract with the possibility of extension, 32-36 hours/week;
Gross salary between EUR 2737 and EUR 4400, based on 36 hours/week (salary scale BBRA Grade 10 2020);
An additional holiday allowance (standard in the Netherlands) will be paid to the employee in May of every calendar year. The holiday allowance is 8% of the gross salary earned in the period from 1 June up to and including 31 May, prior to the date of the payment;
In addition, Solidaridad pays an end-of-year allowance equivalent to 8.3% of the gross annual salary earned;
Solidaridad offers a non-contributory pension plan;
Contribution to moving expenses;
Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands, with national and international travel required.
Do you recognize yourself in this candidate profile? Then please submit your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume (both attached to the email) in English to email@example.com, and state “Application: Corporate Partnership Manager cotton and textiles” in the subject header. The closing date for this vacancy is July 19th, 2020. 1st interviews will be held in week 31 and 32.
Questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to Karen Werkman, HR Officer (+31 (0)30 272 03 13). A reference check and assessment may be part of the selection procedure. Work permit restrictions may apply. No agencies please.
Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and all we consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We bring together supply chain actors and engage them in innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of eight regional expertise centres located around the world (Europe, Asia, North America, Central America, South America, West Africa, East and Central Africa, Southern Africa), each with their own specific expertise and focus. Globally, Solidaridad works across 13 commodities.
Solidaridad in Europe focuses on corporate engagement, policy influencing, communications and donor relations. We seek to inspire the private sector, governments, civil society organizations and consumers in Europe to contribute to sustainable economic development.For more information, please refer to http://www.solidaridadnetwork.org.