RESPONSIBILITIES & PROFILE
The Donor Relations Manager is responsible for managing and stewarding donor partnerships, and working together in close cooperation with the network to achieve agreed deliverables.
As Donor Relations Manager, you will:
- Represent Solidaridad’s work towards donor partners and manage good relations;
- Monitor grant implementation and ensure that it meets plans, budget and quality standards agreed with the donor, and take action where required;
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting and accountability to Solidaridad’s donor partners;
- Work cooperatively with Solidaridad colleagues in Europe and globally in the management and implementation of grant contracts;
- Remain abreast of Solidaridad network development, existing programmes as well as resource needs within the network;
- Contribute to new funding proposals and donor outreach;
- Contribute to wider REC Europe and global Solidaridad deliverables.
The Donor Relations Manager is enthusiastic and entrepreneurial; you are a networker and connect with others easily. You take initiative and are a fast thinker. Result-oriented work attitude, teamwork and situational awareness are among your core competences.
The successful candidate has
- Academic work and thinking level;
- Minimum five years of direct experience in managing grants from institutional donors;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Advanced skills in maintaining (external) contacts at various levels;
- English fluency;
- A strong commitment to and interest in Solidaridad’s mission and work.
The following experience would be considered an additional asset:
- Experience in working in network organizations;
- Experience with grant regulations of one or more of the following donors: Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO), EuropeAid and Norad;
- Expertise in agricultural commodity supply chains, climate, and/or other fields relevant to Solidaridad’s work;
- Knowledge of grant management/CRM tools (particularly Salesforce).
- A unique and rewarding job within an inspiring and international setting, starting 1 October 2018, or as soon as possible after this date;
- You will join the Donor Relations team in Utrecht, and will have the opportunity to work with an innovative and dedicated network of professionals across the world;
- A one-year contract with the possibility of extension, 32-36 hours/week;
- Gross salary between EUR 2554 and EUR 4106, based on 36 hours/week (salary scale BBRA Grade 10);
- An additional holiday allowance (standard in the Netherlands) will be paid to the employee in May of every calendar year. The holiday allowance is 8% of the gross salary earned in the period from 1 June up to and including 31 May, prior to the date of the payment;
- In addition, Solidaridad pays an end-of-year allowance equivalent to 8.3% of the gross annual salary earned;
- Solidaridad offers a non-contributory pension plan;
- Contribution to moving expenses;
- Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands, with national and international travel required.
Do you recognize yourself in this candidate profile? Then please submit your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume in English to email@example.com, and state "Application: Donor Relations Manager" in the subject header. The closing date for this vacancy is 20 August 2018.
Questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or, between 13 and 17 August, by phone to Ronald Visser, Head of Donor Relations, (+31 (0)30 272 03 13)
The selection process will involve two rounds of interviews, taking place in the second half of August and first week of September. Depending on the location of shortlisted candidates, the first-round interviews might take place through Skype.
A reference check and assessment may be part of the selection procedure. Work permit restrictions may apply.
No agencies please.
Any personal data submitted in an application is treated confidentially and processed for the sole purpose of filling a vacancy, and compliant to the GDPR directive. After the selection process has been completed (upon date of filled vacancy), all personal data of applicants who have not been selected will be destroyed immediately, unless we have your explicit approval to store your personal data for a period of maximum a year.
Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and all we consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We bring together supply chain actors and engage them in innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of nine regional expertise centres located around the world (South and South-East Asia, South America, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, China, Central America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus. Globally, Solidaridad works across 13 commodities.
Solidaridad Europe focuses on market development, policy influencing, communications and donor relations. We seek to inspire the private sector, governments, civil society organizations and consumers in Europe to contribute to sustainable economic development.
For more information please refer to our website: http://www.solidaridadnetwork.org.