Over the past 20 years, Solidaridad has built a reputation as a catalyst for sustainable innovation across several commodity supply chains. Its mission is to bring together partners from across supply chains and to engage them in innovative market-based approaches to improve production, thereby ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
Solidaridad aims to maintain high quality on all fronts and to continuously develop internal knowledge. To fulfil this ambition, Solidaridad is looking for a Development Finance Intern to join our team in Europe.
RESPONSIBILITIES & PROFILE
As a development finance intern, you will work together with our impact investment and corporate engagement teams. A result-oriented and agile way of working is hereby key. The role requires good knowledge of development and finance as well as intercultural skills and a hands-on approach. We are looking for an intern who will work within our projects and perform specific research on impact investment funding from foundations, family offices and high net-worth individuals. Some examples of activities that you will perform:
- Map the contributions, success factors and impact of foundations, family offices and high net-worth individuals toward impact investments in developing countries
- Perform desk research on existing publications and publicly available information
- Engage with foundations, high net-worth individuals and family offices to perform interviews, gather information or set-up meetings
- Learn about and contribute to corporate engagement activities to develop partnerships that boost sustainable development in their supply chains
- Learn about and contribute to investment propositions and bank relations
- Identify chances for increasing investments from Europe-based organizations in developing countries.
MAIN EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Current Master student in Business, Economics or Development studies
- Experience with development in the Netherlands and/or in developing countries
- Outgoing and sociable
- Able to work independently but open to guidance
- You enjoy working with people, take a pragmatic and hands-on approach. You like to perform research and to engage with partners. You enjoy a challenge and can handle a change of plan
- Excellent command of English required; knowledge of Dutch, German and/or French is an additional asset.
- A unique and challenging internship within an inspiring and international setting
- The opportunity to work with an innovative and dedicated network of professionals across the world
- Flexibility in combining above profile with university research requirements or Master Thesis work
- The chance to contribute to a better world
- Competitive internship remuneration, free lunch and - if applicable - international travel reimbursements
- Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands
- 4-6 months internship
Do you recognize yourself in this candidate profile?
Then please submit your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume in English to email@example.com, and state "Application: Finance & Development Internship" in the subject header. The closing date for this vacancy is June 15, 2018. For more information about Solidaridad, please visit our website: www.solidaridadnetwork.org.
Questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A reference check and assessment may be part of the selection procedure. Work permit restrictions may apply. No agencies please.
Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and all we consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We bring together supply chain actors and engage them in innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit of all.
Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of nine regional expertise centres located around the world (South and South-East Asia, South America, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, China, Central America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus. Globally, Solidaridad works across 13 commodities.
Solidaridad in Europe focuses on market development, policy influencing, communications and donor relations. We seek to inspire the private sector, governments, civil society organizations and consumers in Europe to contribute to sustainable economic development.
For more information, please refer to http://www.solidaridadnetwork.org.