Over the past 20 years, Solidaridad has built a reputation as a catalyst for sustainable innovation across various commodity supply chains. Its mission is to bring together partners from across supply chains and to engage them in innovative market-based approaches to improve production, thereby ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefits for all.
Solidaridad aims to maintain a high quality on all fronts, which is particularly important in the area of financial management and control. To fulfill this ambition, Solidaridad is looking for a Financial Controller to join our team in Europe.
RESPONSIBILITIES & PROFILE
The Financial Controller is responsible for organizing, executing and supervising of the financial Planning and Control Cycle within Solidaridad in Europe. The Financial Controller advises and supports the Managing Director of Solidaridad in Europe, the Continental Supervisory Board, the Management Team and the Network Controller with regard to financial control and management.
As Financial Controller, you will:
- Ensure proper account management in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and ethics.
- Prepare financial reporting packages and statements to meet internal and external requirements.
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information by researching account issues for compliance and by establishing quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Supervise the setting up, recording and implementation of administrative processes.
- Supervise standards and guidelines for quality management related to the administration of the organization.
- Lead the administrator to ensure that internal administrative processes are running smoothly.
- Report to the Managing Director of Solidaridad in Europe.
You enjoy analyzing and taking an objective, logical and tough-minded approach. You like the combination of consulting colleagues about internal financial processes with practical hands-on reporting. In this role, you will engage and convene with the global Solidaridad team of financial controllers to align the global internal control system.
MAIN EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as Accounting or Finance
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience
- Proven success in implementing administrative and financial policies and business processes
- Experienced in realizing Planning and Control Cycles and financial ICT-packages
- Affinity with the vision and mission of Solidaridad and knowledge of recent developments in the area of Corporate Social Responsibility and sustainable economic development
- Intercultural sensitivity, able to communicate effectively in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Excellent command of English and Dutch required
- A unique and challenging job within an inspiring and international setting
- The opportunity to work with an innovative and dedicated network of professionals across the world
- The chance to contribute to a better world
- Salary based on BBRA 12, depending on education and experience, 36 hours/week
- Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands
Do you recognize yourself in this candidate profile?
Then please submit your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume in English to email@example.com, and state "Application: Financial Controller" in the subject header. The closing date for this vacancy is 30 January 2018. For more information about Solidaridad, please visit our website: www.solidaridadnetwork.org.
Questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to Minke Stadler, Manager People & Operations (+31 (0)30 272 03 13). A reference check and an assessment may be part of the selection procedure. Work permit restrictions may apply. No agencies please.
Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and all we consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We bring together supply chain actors and engage them in innovative solutions to improve production, thus ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of nine regional expertise centers located around the world (South and South-East Asia, South America, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, China, Central America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus. Globally, Solidaridad works across 13 commodities.
Solidaridad in Europe focuses on market development, policy influencing, communications and donor relations. We seek to inspire the private sector, governments, civil society organizations and consumers in Europe to contribute to sustainable economic development.
For more information please refer to http://www.solidaridadnetwork.org.