(5/6 months, 32/36 hrs/week, based in Utrecht)
Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of seven regional expertise centers located around the world (Asia, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, Latin America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus. Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and all we consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We bring together supply chain actors and engage them in innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
Solidaridad Europe focuses on market development, policy influencing, communications and donor relations. We seek to inspire the private sector, governments, civil society organizations and consumers in Europe to contribute to sustainable economic development. Solidaridad Europe has two offices, one in Germany and one in the Netherlands. This position is based in the Netherlands (Utrecht).
This internship is geared towards providing hands-on support for various activities of the Donor Relations (DR) team at Solidaridad Europe, and thus offers a practical on-the-job working experience in an ever changing and fast moving international organization. If desired, the position will also focus on a learning or research plan developed together with the intern and in close cooperation with the associated Knowledge Institute/university. The work of DR is based around two pillars:
– To diversify and increase income from new and existing institutional donors and foundation
– To manage grants and partnerships with new and existing donors to the highest standards
- Support with intelligence building: researching potential donors, scanning websites and monitoring and monitoring call for proposals.
- Support with analysis and summary of calls for proposals
- Support with developing a proposition pipeline (includes ideas, rejected proposals, etc)
- Support with maintaining fundraising opportunity reports (e.g. request or calls for proposals) in our Management Information System
- Support with maintaining track records along EU format (one-page table format describing a project or programme)
- Support during proposal development; admin work, research, textual inputs/edits, minutes of meetings (where required)
- Assisting Donor Relations team colleagues with donor reports, communication activities, and other project management support related tasks.
- To learn about the inner workings of a global network organization
- To learn about fundraising processes within the Solidaridad network
- To increase understanding of how donors work, think, and make their decisions
- To learn about programmes focusing on sustainable supply chains and support to farmers, miners and workers
- To get some experience in day to day project management of large development programmes.
- Access to knowledge tools and network of Solidaridad (in-house trainings, webinars of partner organizations, etc.)
- Possibility to propose a specific research assignment based on a relevant theme or programme within Solidaridad that is directly relevant to the study programme the intern is enrolled in (1 day own research – 4 days internship tasks)
Period: 5/6 months (min 24 – max 36 hours per week)
Start date: February 2024
You are inspired by the job and responsibilities as described above, and you recognize yourself in the following:
- Following a Master’s degree in development studies, international relations, or business
- Affinity with the vision and mission of Solidaridad
- Skills in processing information and summarizing it in short papers
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Collaborative, proactive and a team-player
- Pragmatic, flexible and self-motivated
- Ability to connect and work with people from all backgrounds and cultures
- Professional fluency in English
- Able to meet deadlines
- Allowed to work in the Netherlands
- Support in the development of your learning or research plan
- Onboarding, support and coaching to enable you to learn
- A unique and challenging internship within an inspiring and international setting
- A 6-month contract, internship compensation (EUR 250/300 per month), and reimbursement of travel costs
- A working space in our inspiring office in Utrecht, The Netherlands
Travel required: primarily Solidaridad office, incidental travel to external meetings in NL. No international travel.
In Solidaridad, diversity, equity and inclusion are key to our collective mission, vision and values; We enable farmers and workers to earn a living income, shape their own future, and produce in balance with nature by working throughout the whole supply chain to make sustainability the norm.
We aim for Solidaridad Europe to be an inclusive place where all people feel heard, seen, and valued for their diverse identities, experiences, perspectives and skills.
We are therefore committed to ensuring a safe and healthy working environment by treating everyone with dignity and respect, enabling and empowering us to be ourselves and achieve our full potential as individuals and our collective mission as an organization.
Do you recognize yourself in the candidate profile? Then please send your one-page motivation letter and max two-page resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating “Application: Intern DR” in the subject header. We accept applications on a rolling basis.
If you already have ideas about what you would like to learn or research during your internship at Solidaridad Europe, please indicate this in your motivation letter. Also indicate clearly when you are able to start.
Questions can be addressed to email@example.com. No agencies please.
Any personal data submitted in an application is treated confidentially and processed for the sole purpose of filling a vacancy, and compliant to the GDPR directive. After the selection process has been completed (upon date of filled vacancy), all personal data of applicants who have not been selected will be destroyed immediately, unless we have your explicit approval to store your personal data for a period of maximum a year.
Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and all we consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We bring together supply chain actors and engage them in innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of seven regional expertise centres located around the world (Asia, South America, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, Central America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus. Globally, Solidaridad works across 13 commodities.
Solidaridad Europe focuses on market development, policy influencing, communications and donor relations. We seek to inspire the private sector, governments, civil society organizations and consumers in Europe to contribute to sustainable economic development.
For more information please refer to our website: http://www.solidaridadnetwork.org.