Legal and Quality Officer
RESPONSIBILITIES & PROFILE
The Legal and Quality Officer is responsible for legal advice and support in contracting processes and supports managers and staff in quality assessments, due diligence, and non-financial audits. The Legal and Quality officer reports to the Manager Operations. This position has both Legal and Quality as focus areas. The division between the two is around 80% Legal and 20% Quality.
In this position you will:
- Give advice about legal requirements in the contracting process and support in negotiations, due diligence assessments etc;
- Make sure the non financial audits (ISO, CBF, Partos etc) are all well prepared and that staff is supported before and during audits;
- Get all sorts of questions about legal requirements and quality assessments, you will answer them or, if you do not know the answer yet, investigate the topic till you know all about it;
- Ensure a complete and accurate reporting and administration of legal and quality matters;
- You will work closely with the Manager Operations and receive the backing and support from the Manager Operations who is responsible for risk management, governance and legal affairs
We are looking for an accurate and enthusiastic colleague. You know how to align and connect with your colleagues to build on a professional relationship in which your advice is appreciated and valued. You understand your stakeholders and are always looking for solutions and ways to incorporate their interests as well as possible within legal parameters.
The successful candidate has
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in law;
- Knowledge and understanding of Dutch law;
- Experience in either contract management or quality management, both would be a pre;
- At least 1-3 years of working experience;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Dutch and English fluency;
- A strong commitment to and interest in Solidaridad’s mission and work;
- Is allowed to work in the Netherlands.
- A unique and rewarding job within an inspiring and international setting, starting 1 June 2022 or as soon as possible after this date;
- You will join the Operations team in Utrecht, and will have the opportunity to work with an innovative and dedicated network of professionals across the world;
- A one-year contract with the possibility of extension, 32-36 hours/week;
- Gross salary between EUR 2881 and EUR 4070 depending on relevant experience, based on 36 hours/week (salary scale 9);
- An additional holiday allowance (standard in the Netherlands) will be paid to the employee in May of every calendar year. The holiday allowance is 8% of the gross salary earned in the period from 1 June up to and including 31 May, prior to the date of the payment;
- In addition, Solidaridad pays an end-of-year allowance equivalent to 8.3% of the gross annual salary earned;
- Solidaridad offers a non-contributory pension plan;
- Contribution to moving expenses;
- Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands.
Do you recognize yourself in this candidate profile? Then please submit your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, and state “Application: Legal and Quality Officer” in the subject header.
Questions can be addressed to email@example.com or by phone to Francisca Hubeek, Manager Operations (+31 (0)30 272 03 13).
The selection process will involve two rounds of interviews. The first-round interviews will take place online, the second round will be in our office in Utrecht.
A reference check and assessment may be part of the selection procedure. Work permit restrictions may apply.
No agencies please.
Any personal data submitted in an application is treated confidentially and processed for the sole purpose of filling a vacancy, and compliant to the GDPR directive. After the selection process has been completed (upon date of filled vacancy), all personal data of applicants who have not been selected will be destroyed immediately, unless we have your explicit approval to store your personal data for a period of maximum a year.
Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and all we consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We bring together supply chain actors and engage them in innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of eight regional expertise centres located around the world (Asia, South America, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, Central America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus. Globally, Solidaridad works across 13 commodities.
Solidaridad Europe focuses on market development, policy influencing, communications and donor relations. We seek to inspire the private sector, governments, civil society organizations and consumers in Europe to contribute to sustainable economic development.
For more information please refer to our website: http://www.solidaridadnetwork.org.