Over the past twenty years Solidaridad has built a reputation as a catalyst for sustainable innovation across commodity supply chains. Its mission is to bring together partners across supply chains and to engage them in innovative market-based approaches to improve production, thereby ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefits for all.
Engaging with the private sector is central to Solidaridad’s way of working. Solidaridad Europe’s ambition is to be the preferred partner to work on sustainable supply chains with market-oriented solutions. To achieve this ambition, Solidaridad is looking for a Manager Corporate Engagement & Partnerships to lead the team in Europe and strengthen its capacity to develop and implement a successful strategy.
RESPONSIBILITIES & PROFILE
As Manager Corporate Engagement & Partnerships you will:
- strengthen the relationship with existing partners and build strong new partnerships by bringing our unique proposition to the attention of relevant corporations.
- be responsible for developing high quality proposals for corporate partners, securing corporate funding for programme activities, acting as liaison with country/regional offices that are delivering proposals, programme activities, and overseeing reporting.
- develop propositions together with colleagues, create opportunities based on market developments and connect with stakeholders in corporations.
- take responsibility for specific strategic global accounts, strengthening high-level relationships, influencing the sustainability agenda and creating programmes together.
- ensure substantial growth of private sector contributions in the coming years.
- collaborate with the Communications team to develop communication plans that highlight partnerships and meet communication needs.
- support knowledge management by capturing and sharing the best practice experience of working effectively with partners.
- actively contribute to the strategy development and management of the organization in your role as member of the Management Team of Solidaridad Europe.
- report to the Managing Director of Solidaridad Europe.
You like to combine strategy and policy development with hands-on relationship management. You will lead a team of nine professionals by inspiring, coaching and facilitating them to reach their full potential and achieve the best results. You will also work closely together with colleagues in the international Solidaridad Network to deliver on our network mission and strategy. The Corporate Engagement & Partnerships Manager is ambitious and entrepreneurial; you are a networker and connect with others easily. You take initiative and are a fast thinker as well as a result-oriented doer. You set the bar high and are a sparring partner for colleagues and subject matter experts within the organization. You facilitate your team to represent and position Solidaridad in a professional, appealing way.
MAIN EXPERIENCE AND JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as marketing, economics, business administration or closely related fields
- At least 10 years of relevant work experience in relationship or programme management in a leading not-for-profit organization or as CSR partnerships manager in a for-profit organization.
- Proven success in corporate engagement and business development: knowing where market opportunities are, acting on them, creating opportunities, building partnerships and managing accounts.
- Affinity with the vision and mission of Solidaridad and knowledge of recent developments in the area of corporate social responsibility and sustainable economic development
- Experience working in a complex and international arena, preferably in supply chains in one or more of our commodities
- Intercultural sensitivity, able to work effectively in a multicultural environment
- Excellent communication skills, including engaging and informative formal public speaking
- Experienced manager with good leadership and supervisory skills; co-ordinates group activities, ensuring that roles within the team are clear
- The ability to collaborate well, both within the organization and the international Solidaridad Network, as well as with external partners
- Very good networking skills with the ability to engage others and make them enthusiastic about the Solidaridad mission to build and maintain long-lasting relationships
- Proactive, innovative and enterprising
- Flexible, adaptive to change, and able to play a leadership role in a quickly changing global network
- Translates strategic direction into plans and objectives, hands-on mentality
- Excellent command of English required, some Dutch preferred
- A unique and challenging job within an inspiring and international setting
- The opportunity to work with an innovative and dedicated network of professionals across the world
- The chance to contribute to a better world
- Salary based on BBRA 13, depending on education and experience, 36 hours/week
- Location: Utrecht, the Netherlands, with some international travel (especially within Europe)
Do you recognize yourself in this candidate profile?
Then please send your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume in English to email@example.com, and state "Application: Manager Corporate Engagement & Partnerships" in the subject header. The closing date for this vacancy is 25 September. For more information about Solidaridad please visit our website: www.solidaridadnetwork.org.
Questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone to Heske Verburg, Managing Director, (+31 (0)30 272 03 13).
A reference check and assessment may be part of the selection procedure.
No agencies please.
Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and all we consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We bring together supply chain actors and engage them in innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
Solidaridad is an international network organization consisting of nine regional expertise centres located around the world (South and South-East Asia, South America, Southern Africa, East and Central Africa, West Africa, China, Central America, North America and Europe), each with their own specific expertise and focus. Globally, Solidaridad works across 13 commodities.
Solidaridad Europe focuses on market development, policy influencing, communications and fundraising, and seeks to inspire businesses and consumers in Europe to contribute to sustainable economic development.
For more information please refer to http://www.solidaridadnetwork.org