Are you passionate about contributing to change that matters and do you have affinity for impact investment? Solidaridad offers you a challenging internship in an inspiring and international setting with the opportunity to make a real difference in the world.
We are looking for a
PLUSPLUS IMPACT INVESTMENT INTERN
Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We work with all actors in the supply chain, from farmers to multinationals, to ensure the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
PlusPlus is making impact investments accessible to the crowd and is actively supported by Solidaridad (one of its founders). PlusPlus is an online crowdfunding platform providing debt at 0% interest rate to small Agri-Food SMEs in developing countries. We focus on lending for impact and making a difference through supporting Entrepreneurs directly.
The Impact Investment intern is looking for hands-on experience and learning what investing for impact & crowdfunding is about. You are looking for an internship where you learn how an investment team works and contribute yourself by becoming part of the team. You will work on financial models, business plans and help the team with company assessments on both finance and impact of SMEs in developing countries. You are part of the investment team of Plusplus. You don’t shy away from assisting in a wide range of operational activities typical for a start-up organization.
What can you learn:
- Being part of a startup that is building its proposition and growing its business;
- Extending finance to Agri-Food Entrepreneurs in developing countries;
- Work with local colleagues in value chain analysis and business plan development to generate investment pipeline;
- Performing due diligence, write investment memos, participate in the Investment Committee, monitoring of SME’s
- Preparing and delivering presentations on products and research outcomes for internal and external audiences;
You are inspired by the internship and learning in our company as described above, and you recognize yourself in the following:
- Currently pursuing a master’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as finance or international business;
- Affinity with the vision and mission of Solidaridad/PlusPlus and knowledge of recent developments in the field of corporate social responsibility and sustainable economic development;
- Knowledge of finance concepts and financial markets especially related to development finance;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills as well as financial modelling skills;
- Service-oriented, proactive and a team player, able to support colleagues in research and analyses;
- Ability to connect and work with people from all backgrounds and cultures;
- Professional fluency in English, fluency in French, Spanish and/or Dutch is a plus;
- Full IT proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, experience with salesforce or other CRM system).
We are currently not looking for research focussed interns but primarily for interns wanting to learn what this job and environment entails.
- You will be a member of a small and professional team, and will have the opportunity to work with an innovative and dedicated network of professionals across the world;
- You will have the chance to contribute to building up PlusPlus
- A 6 month internship contract for 36 hours
- 300 euro per month reimbursement
- 2 weeks of holiday
- Location: Mainly working from home during COVID-19, office in Utrecht after restrictions are lifted.
- At this time we do not foresee this internship developing into a job offer.
Do you recognize yourself in the candidate profile?
Then please send your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, and state “Application: PlusPlus Impact Investment intern” in the subject header.
The closing date for this vacancy is 20 November 2020.
The selection process will involve one round of interviews. Travel costs will be reimbursed. Depending on the location of shortlisted candidates and COVID-19 recommendations, the interviews take place through video calls and/or on location in Utrecht. A reference check and assessment may be part of the selection procedure. You have to be registered at an educational institution and have a valid residence permit for the duration of the internship.
No agencies please.
Any personal data submitted in an application is treated confidentially and processed for the sole purpose of filling a vacancy, and compliant to the GDPR directive. After the selection process has been completed (upon date of filled vacancy), all personal data of applicants who have not been selected will be destroyed immediately, unless we have your explicit approval to store your personal data for a period of maximum one year.