Are you passionate about contributing to change that matters and do you have experience in impact investment? Solidaridad offers you a challenging internship in an inspiring and international setting with the opportunity to make a real difference in the world.
We are looking for a
PLUSPLUS IT INTERN
Solidaridad envisions a world in which all we produce and consume can sustain us, while respecting the planet, each other and the next generations. We work with all actors in the supply chain, from farmers to multinationals, to ensure the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all.
PlusPlus is making impact investments accessible to the crowd and is actively supported by Solidaridad (one of its founders). PlusPlus is an online crowdfunding platform providing debt at 0% interest rate to small Agri-Food SMEs in developing countries. We focus on lending for impact and making a difference through supporting Entrepreneurs directly.
The IT intern is looking for hands-on experience. We are a small startup and would like you to help design and implement our IT infrastructure. Think about data storage, CRM systems, Sharepoint intranet and connecting systems through SQL databases and/or API’s. You are comfortable selecting the right tools and implementing these for our organisation. You want to learn by gaining hands-on experience, own learning and sparring with management about the possibilities. You don’t shy away from assisting in a wide range of operational activities typical for a start-up organization.
What can you learn:
- Building IT infrastructure from the ground up for a startup
- Working with several teams and management to make choices, develop IT business cases.
- Hands-on implementation of software packages, software management and user training.
- Help the team with their goal to automate many processes and pave the way for IT becoming ingrained in the organization.
- Preparing and delivering presentations on products and research outcomes for internal and external audiences;
You are inspired by the internship and learning in our company as described above, and you recognize yourself in the following:
- Currently pursuing a HBO or Master’s degree in a relevant field like Information Technology or Business IT Management
- Affinity with the vision and mission of Solidaridad/PlusPlus
- Knowledge of Sharepoint, Microsoft 365, API’s and Databases.
- Able to program low-code solutions and find optimal price/functionality set-up of software systems
- Service-oriented, proactive and a team player, able to support colleagues in ICT questions and support.
- Ability to connect and work with people from all backgrounds and cultures;
- Professional fluency in English, fluency in Dutch is a plus;
We are currently not looking for research focussed interns but primarily for interns wanting to learn what this job and environment entails.
- You will be a member of a small and professional team, and will have the opportunity to work with an innovative and dedicated network of professionals across the world;
- You will have the chance to contribute to building up PlusPlus and put your own stamp on our IT infrastructure.
- A 6 month internship contract for 36 hours
- 250 euro per month reimbursement
- 2 weeks of holiday
- Location: Mainly working from home during COVID-19, office in Utrecht after restrictions are lifted.
Do you recognize yourself in the candidate profile?
Then please send your one-page motivation letter and two-page resume in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, and state “Application: PlusPlus IT intern” in the subject header.
The closing date for this vacancy is 20 November 2020.
The selection process will involve one round of interviews. Travel costs will be reimbursed. Depending on the location of shortlisted candidates, the first-round interviews take place through video calls. A reference check and assessment may be part of the selection procedure. You have to be registered at an educational institution and have a valid residence permit for the duration of the internship.
No agencies please.
Any personal data submitted in an application is treated confidentially and processed for the sole purpose of filling a vacancy, and compliant to the GDPR directive. After the selection process has been completed (upon the date of filled vacancy), all personal data of applicants who have not been selected will be destroyed immediately, unless we have your explicit approval to store your personal data for a period of maximum one year.